Literacy for Improved Capacity of Civil Society in Nakapiripirit District
|Donors||EU through ADRA Denmark|
|Implementation Period||December 2009 to November 2012|
|Target Groups||This action targets 90 CBOs composed of 1800 members, 3 instructor’s Networks CBOs, 1 NGO namely Association for World Education (A.W.E) 180 FAL instructors and 12 officials from local government.|
|Geographical Area||The project is located in Karamoja Region, Nakapiripirit District, Pian county in the sub counties of Nabilatuk and Lorengedwat|
LICCS aims at Contributing towards sustainable development of social services in the Karamoja region.
- Strengthened the capacity of 90 selected CBOs to participate in and support education interventions in Pian County Nakapiripirit district.
- Improved collaboration between the local authorities, the instructors and CBOs to provide, support and sustain literacy services for the target communities.
Strategies and activities to achieve the set goals include
- Identification and formation of 90 CBG/CBOs
- Facilitate the identified CBGs to be formally registered for them to operate as legal entities
- Facilitating the CBOs to make action plans and strategies for their involvement in and support of FAL activities.
- Identify and train 180 instructors (90 for literacy and 90 fir functional skills).
- Conduct refresher training for 20 local civic educators from A.W.E
- Provide training materials and start up support to the CBOs
- Instruct 1800 members of the CBOs in literacy skills for use to enhance, support and advocate for FAL and other education interventions in the community
- Facilitate the formation of the three instructors networks
- Identify and conduct refresher training for 1 DCDO and 11 ACDO on issues of planning, resource mobilization, support and monitoring.
- Support the DDCBS department and the instructor’s network on issues of partnership, collaboration, action oriented and research based advocacy and lobbying skills.
- Support quarterly planning advocacy and consultative meetings through steering.